|Angela George [CC-BY-SA-3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons|
The only way this plotline would work is if the show tells us that it is normal for most chief of surgeries to investigate airline safety. We think any reasonable guy in his position (which is the standard by which he will be measured) would trust that the FAA wouldn't be letting people fly on this airline unless it were safe. That if the airline was in business, it's not negligent to PUT PEOPLE ON IT. It's a heavily regulated industry with few crashes. In order to sue someone for not doing something, it had to be his job to do it. It wasn't. It was the FAA's and the airline's job to check the safety. Those hack plaintiff's attorneys said that the best people to sue would be the hospital's leaders? We can think of so many other parties who would be much better targets. The safety testers, manufacturers, the airline, the government.... Yeah, this is great for drama and Owen angst, but if the show were going to go here, it needed to create a tighter case.
AND THAT'S WHY ONE OF OUR FAVORITE TV COUPLES IS GETTING DIVORCED?
- April....you're not nice.
- Arizona, yes finally yes yes yes. Off the floor and back, laughing and being cool again. Woo hoo.
- We hope Meredith doesn't miscarry. She's already miscarried on this show before. We want nice things to happen to her. The pregnancy was a pleasant surprise we should have seen coming.
- Way to be self-destructive, Owen. Go back to therapy.
- Bailey needs to die now.
- The liver patient touched our hearts.
- What happened to ass-grabbing guy?
- Mr. Feeny helped Cristina's heart grow three sizes! And she wants Owen back!
- We love Tina with the chairs, haha.