We hate and love this show. We love it for a second, and then there will be a string of episodes that make us want to drop it all together. Then a herd of guy friends (some of them are hot) come up and say, “Did you see what happened on The Walking Dead?!!” Then we feel like we have to go watch it. The annoying characters, unrealistic situations, and dragging episodes keep this show from being what it needs to be. We love the concept and the first season, but this show could and should be a lot better. It's the show that, culturally, we feel like we need to be watching even when it's a huge drag to watch. The first half of season two almost lost us for good. Things are looking up for season three though.
1) Dale is dead - One of the most annoying characters on the show, Dale, has died and will not be around to moralize and waste our lives. Let’s just hope Hershel doesn’t turn into Dale to fill the void. He needs to be his own ethical old guy and not a repeat of a character hardly anyone liked.
2) Shane is dead - The Lori/Shane/Rick triangle is over for good. The show effectively and entertainingly dispatched this storyline in season two. We’re glad this wasn’t dragged out anymore, because we sort of didn’t care. At least the death was good.
3) Prison break! No more aimless woods walking! - This season, the gang will be trying to break into a prison and make it their fortress. There will be new characters to meet in this endeavor. It sounds cool and may keep the gang from just wandering around. We love when they have a goal, project, and purpose.
4) Michonne - She’s gonna be bad ass. One glimpse is all we needed of her to want much, much more.
5) The Governor - We have a thinking, non-zombie antagonist to replace Shane! Antagonists always bring the drama and plot. Defeating antagonists is what storytelling is about.