You can listen to the full Glee Christmas album (legally) here:
1. We Need A Little Christmas (Jenna Ushkowitz, Amber Riley, Chris Colfer) - Cute song, but the vocals are shrill and grating. Grade: C+
2. Deck The Rooftop (Lea Michele, Cory Monteith, Naya Rivera, Kevin McHale, Heather Morris, and Jenna Ushkowitz) - This sounds like a cross between a children’s song and something you would hear in a club. We know it says “Deck the Rooftop” but this song is “Deck the Halls.” Grade: C
3. Merry Christmas Darling (Lea Michele) - Nice, but boring. Grade: C-
4. Baby, It’s Cold Outside (Chris Colfer and Darren Criss) - We weren’t digging the tempo at first, and we wonder why they left the lyric “cigarettes” in, since it’s a high school show and smoking isn’t even cool anymore. But we like that Blaine and Kurt are clearly getting closer in this song. Grade: B-
5. The Most Wonderful Day Of The Year (Chord Overstreet, Mark Salling, Kevin McHale, Lea Michele, Chris Colfer, Jenna Ushkowitz, and Heather Morris) - This one is a little short and caters to the kiddies (or those of us who remember and loved the old animated Christmas classics), but it sure sounds like Christmas. Grade: B
6. Last Christmas (Lea Michele, Cory Monteith, Amber Riley, Kevin McHale, Mark Salling, Jenna Ushkowitz, and Chris Colfer) - Good song, but we are worried that Lea Michele is starting to make herself sound like a modern, run-of-the-mill pop singer rather than the powerful Broadway diva that she is. Grade: B
7. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen (Lea Michele, Amber Riley, Naya Rivera, and Jenna Ushkowitz) - Ok, there we go. This one was mature and had good harmonies. We’re pretty sure that this is the least boring this low-key song has ever been. Grade: B+
8. O Christmas Tree (Matthew Morrison) - Oh Mr. Schu, Oh Mr. Schu, how lame you are this year. We guess the vocals were good though, even though we don’t like his voice type that much (boy band-y). Grade: C-
9. Jingle Bells (Cory Monteith, Mark Salling, and Kevin McHale) - It’s Jingle Bells. Grade: C
10. You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch (k.d. lang and Morrison) - WOW, no. A butchering. Not even close to the original. Grade: D
11. Angels We Have Heard On High (Amber Riley) - A little dull at first, but it picks up at the end. Of course, the vocals are pretty good, because it’s Amber Riley. Grade: B-
12. O Holy Night (Lea Michele) - When we saw the track list a few weeks ago, we thought this song showed the most promise. Sure, it’s weird to hear the Jewish character singing the most Jesus-y Christmas song there is (even if the track DID chicken out of saying the line “Christ is the Lord”), but Lea Michele’s voice was always going to go well with this song. Shoot, she probably popped out of her mom’s vag singing it. It was certainly pretty, but we were kind of disappointed. We wanted her to sing it in a higher register and we wanted it to be more powerful. Still, Grade: B+
Why didn’t they let Quinn sing? Her voice isn’t powerful, but it’s sweet and pleasant. It’s not as if her voice wouldn’t fit this album either! It’s sweet and cutesy. Come on! Also, with all the funny Christmas songs out there, they couldn’t give Sue Sylvester a track? After they made us sit through “Physical”?
Glee is clearly wanting our money this Christmas, but we wouldn't shell out ten bucks for this one. Pick and choose the tracks you want, because this isn't unique and fell short of its potential.
-books -dates -Lists -Movies -Music -musicals and broadway 24 30 Rock 666 Park Avenue Alcatraz Alias America's Next Top Model American Horror Story American Idol Americans Are You There Chelsea? Arrested Development Arrow Awake Awkward Bates Motel Being Human Ben and Kate Bent Best Friends Forever Better with You Big Bang Theory Big Brother Big C Big Love Blue Bloods Boardwalk Empire Body of Proof Bones Borgias Boss Breaking Bad Breaking In Breaking Pointe Bridge Bunheads Camelot Carrie Diaries Charlie's Angels Chicago Code Chicago Fire Chuck Community Continuum Copper Cougar Town Cult Dark Tower Deception Defenders Degrassi Dexter Doctor Who Dollhouse Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23 Downton Abbey Elementary Emily Owens MD Enlightened Episodes Event Fall Falling Skies Family Tree Felicity Finder Firefly Following Fosters Freaks and Geeks Friday Night Lights Friends Fringe Game of Thrones GCB Gifted Man Gilmore GIrls Girls Glee Glee Project Good Wife Gossip Girl Grey's Anatomy Grimm Hannibal Happy Endings Harry Potter Hart of Dixie Hawaii Five-O Hell on Wheels Hellcats Hemlock Grove Heroes Homeland House House of Cards House of Lies How I Met Your Mother How to Be a Gentleman How to Live with Your Parents (For the Rest of Your Life) I Hate My Teenage Daughter In Treatment Intervention Jane by Design Jersey Shore Justified Last Man Standing Last Resort Life Unexpected Lone Star Longmire LOST Louie Lying Game Mad Men Make it or Break it Man Up Mindy Project Missing Mockingbird Lane Modern Family Mr Selfridge Napoleon Dynamite Nashville New Girl New Normal Nikita Nine Lives of Chloe King No Ordinary Family Off the Map Office Once Upon a Time Originals Outlaw Outsourced Pan Am Parenthood Parks and Recreation Perfect Couples Person of Interest Playboy Club Pretty Little Liars Prime Suspect Psych Raising Hope Real Housewives of New Jersey Revenge Revolution Ringer Rob Rookie Blue Running Wilde Saving Hope Scandal Scrubs Secret Circle Secret Life of the American Teenager Sex and the City Shameless Sherlock Smash So You Think You Can Dance Sons of Anarchy South Park Southland Suburgatory Supernatural Switched at Birth Teen Wolf Terra Nova The Fall The Fosters The Killing The River The Voice Touch true blood Twisted Two and a Half Men Two Broke Girls Under the Dome Unforgettable United States of Tara Up All Night V Vampire Diaries Veep Vegas Veronica Mars Walking Dead Web Therapy Weeds White Collar Whitney Whole Truth Wilfred Work It X-Factor X-Files Zero Hour