|By angela n. / aon [CC-BY-2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons|
Things that suck:
- Cristina left?!! NOOO. Bring her back immediately. (Although it’s nice to see Mr. Feeny and we liked the scene where her boss pointed out that she wasn’t as success on his yardstick. She’ll be back soon.)
- Mark dying and the show acting like he’s this tragic character and not shallow, comic relief. We’re supposed to cry over this guy? We guess we are. Since we did.
- Karev doesn’t work there anymore? This is crap! What has this show done to itself in the name of trying to be realistic? It was never realistic before! We liked that! (Yeah, he ended up staying to “replace Robbins,” but by then we were so annoyed with the situation and the skyping that we couldn’t even be happy.)
- Dr. Wilson is the new George. We still miss George.
- Arizona’s leg and subsequent funk. She’s our favorite TV lesbian, bar none. She doesn’t deserve this! It took the entire episode for us to know whether she was alive or dead. That is not okay.
- Nothing is the same except for Bailey still having unrealistic sex with that nurse. Booty Call Bailey? How far the mighty have fallen. A travesty. She used to be the best character. Now, she’s the worst.
- At least we have April back. Yay? We were all excited that Hunt was going to see Cristina, and then he shows up at April’s dad’s farm.
- Emo Derek is back. Now with new kicking abilities! Guess who missed him? No one.
- Of course Alex Karev has survivor’s guilt. Because Alex Karev always needs more guilt.
- There was no reason for the plane crash.
- This show is ludicrous.
- This show is melodramatic.
- The death rate on this show is ridiculous.
- We miss everyone who has ever left this show, including Addison.
A few things we liked were the interns calling Meredith “Medusa,” Callie and Avery being awesome, and the fact that there are already two interns that we remember (Tina Majorino and Wilson the Crier). We were also touched by the scene where Cristina looked at the clock and realized Mark’s time had run out. That reaction was the most touching thing to us. She was so far away, but she still cared about a member of her fractured Seattle Grace family. Sob.
We’re glad we get to go back in time to the plane crash in the next episode. The last home video…ugh, by then we had given in. Mark’s death is a real tragedy. We know the actor had to leave the show, but couldn’t he have just changed professions or something? Disappeared like Izzie? Poor Sofia. The only way this could have been less enjoyable is if everyone sang tuneless indie music during it or if two platonic friends suddenly had a gross affair in the middle or if Meredith almost died and then lived. F*** you, Shonda Rhimes.
Episode grade: F