Labels

-books -dates -Lists -Movies -Music -musicals and broadway 24 30 Rock 666 Park Avenue Alcatraz Alias America's Next Top Model American Horror Story American Idol Americans Are You There Chelsea? Arrested Development Arrow Awake Awkward Bates Motel Being Human Ben and Kate Bent Best Friends Forever Better with You Big Bang Theory Big Brother Big C Big Love Blue Bloods Boardwalk Empire Body of Proof Bones Borgias Boss Breaking Bad Breaking In Breaking Pointe Bridge Bunheads Camelot Carrie Diaries Charlie's Angels Chicago Code Chicago Fire Chuck Community Continuum Copper Cougar Town Cult Dark Tower Deception Defenders Degrassi Dexter Doctor Who Dollhouse Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23 Downton Abbey Elementary Emily Owens MD Enlightened Episodes Event Fall Falling Skies Family Tree Felicity Finder Firefly Following Fosters Freaks and Geeks Friday Night Lights Friends Fringe Game of Thrones GCB Gifted Man Gilmore GIrls Girls Glee Glee Project Good Wife Gossip Girl Grey's Anatomy Grimm Hannibal Happy Endings Harry Potter Hart of Dixie Hawaii Five-O Hell on Wheels Hellcats Hemlock Grove Heroes Homeland House House of Cards House of Lies How I Met Your Mother How to Be a Gentleman How to Live with Your Parents (For the Rest of Your Life) I Hate My Teenage Daughter In Treatment Intervention Jane by Design Jersey Shore Justified Last Man Standing Last Resort Life Unexpected Lone Star Longmire LOST Louie Lying Game Mad Men Make it or Break it Man Up Mindy Project Missing Mockingbird Lane Modern Family Mr Selfridge Napoleon Dynamite Nashville New Girl New Normal Nikita Nine Lives of Chloe King No Ordinary Family Off the Map Office Once Upon a Time Originals Outlaw Outsourced Pan Am Parenthood Parks and Recreation Perfect Couples Person of Interest Playboy Club Pretty Little Liars Prime Suspect Psych Raising Hope Real Housewives of New Jersey Revenge Revolution Ringer Rob Rookie Blue Running Wilde Saving Hope Scandal Scrubs Secret Circle Secret Life of the American Teenager Sex and the City Shameless Sherlock Smash So You Think You Can Dance Sons of Anarchy South Park Southland Suburgatory Supernatural Switched at Birth Teen Wolf Terra Nova The Fall The Fosters The Killing The River The Voice Touch true blood Twisted Two and a Half Men Two Broke Girls Under the Dome Unforgettable United States of Tara Up All Night V Vampire Diaries Veep Vegas Veronica Mars Walking Dead Web Therapy Weeds White Collar Whitney Whole Truth Wilfred Work It X-Factor X-Files Zero Hour

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Leeard's Picks - Tubey Award Finals Round Two

Favorite Actor - Peter Dinklage, Game of Thrones
As far as I'm concerned, this is the only appropriate choice. Ian Somerhalder is great as Damon and Jon Hamm is the only person that could be Don Draper, but it's gotta be Dinklage.

Favorite Actress - Maisie Williams, Game of Thrones
I was torn between Maisie and Amy Poehler. I kind of want to give it to them both because they're so different, but I had to go with Maisie Williams. If you've seen her cinnamon challenge video, you'll understand.

Favorite Character - Abed Nadir, Community
Oh god this is the hardest category. Obviously Tyrion, Arya, and Leslie Knope were all in the running. I picked Abed partially because he really is an awesome character and partly because I'm afraid this is the last time I'll think of Abed as an awesome character. I have no idea what the new showrunners are going to do with this weirdo.

Least Favorite Character - Ellis, Smash
Man do I hate this guy. I hate him more than Joffrey Baratheon, which is saying something. At least a) Joffrey is played by a talented actor and b) I can usually understand Joffrey's motivations. Ellis is just a horrible, horrible person.

Best Almost-Romantic-But-Not-Quite Relationship - Nick Miller and Jess Day, New Girl
This one hurt too! Massive shout-out to Arya and Gendry, because they are my real OTP, but I've already given Game of Thrones so much love here. Also Elena and Damon from The Vampire Diaries, obviously. And Castle and Beckett, but that's now the wrong category for their relationship (yay!), so I couldn't pick them for that reason.

Best Non-Romantic Friendship - Troy and Abed, Community
I was this close to picking The Liars from Pretty Little Liars, but we got to see some real depth from Troy and Abed this year, so I picked them. Also, again, because I'm afraid the new showrunners will ruin Troy and Abed and I want to show them love while I still can.

Best Family Relationship - Marshall and Lily, How I Met Your Mother
Lily can honestly be the worst person on TV occasionally, but the Eriksen marriage is one I'd like to emulate. That's love, bitch.

Supporting Actor/Actress Deserving of a Starring Role - Candice Accola, The Vampire Diaries
I think I've said this before, but if you told me during season one of TVD that Caroline would become my favorite character, I would've literally laughed in your face. She's the best now.

Best Season Finale - Castle
I wanted to pick The Vampire Diaries, because it was amazing and I loved it, but I have to go with Castle. No other episode of a show has made me cry two months after airing based on a single gif. Such a wonderful episode.

Worst Season Finale - The Office
I'm so over this show. Season 9 better be the last, because I'm sick of it. I can't bring myself to stop watching, though; I've been with it for 8 years. That's hard to give up.

Worst Single Episode, Drama - "Bombshell", Smash
Honestly, it's the only episode on that list that I've seen, so it was the only one I could pick.

Worst Single Episode, Comedy - "The Spanish Teacher", Glee
So, so stupid.

Best On-Screen Death Scene - Sammy the dog, Revenge
Still not over it.

4 comments:

  1. Just here to beg you guys to please, please recap the Gossip Girl series finale when the episode rolls around. You don't need to watch the final season because let's face it, it's sure to suck, but recap the finale! We all need closure in the awful Gossip Girl period of our lives.

    On a sidenote, remember when that show was actually good? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seasons 1-2? Yeah, they were the best.

      And remind us when it rolls around. Like, the night of, and we'll do it, haha.

      Delete
    2. The only thing I want from the show is a Carter Baizen/Serena reunion. Literally. That's it; that's all I want. It won't happen, but it is and forever will be the endgame in my head. This is how I felt about Rory and Jess too. None of my ships are ever endgame. I'm still rooting for Elena and Damon, but I'm losing faith. All my OTPs are doomed. Tragedy.

      Delete
    3. That's...kind of a weird Gossip Girl OTP, haha. Agree about Rory and Jess though. Elena/Damon will happen at some point, but I think Stefan will end up with her.

      Delete